Friday, September 23, 2011


Today I walked into California, it was a strange experience. 

I just kind of stared at the sign for a while and then walked on past it. 
No big celebration or anything. 
I wasn’t quite sure what to think, I guess.
The plan from here to SF:
I’m staying with the WONDERFUL Dillwith family here in Gardnerville, Nevada. 
They are taking care of me for the next couple of days, and then the plan is that I’ll walk the rest of the way into Lodi, CA (not very far at all), and set up camp there until my mom gets into San Francisco on the 8th. Could be there a week or so, but I’m looking forward to it. 
Will be some good time to just relax, read, write and think. From October 8-14 I’ll have car support from my mom, and will be staying in Napa when I’m not walking. Very excited for this.
Then I’ll walk the final little bit to Ocean Beach on the morning of the 15th, and the walk will be over.
I know a lot of you have offered help and support in the San Francisco area, but it’s looking like I won’t be needing it now that I will definitely have car support from Lodi on. 
I really appreciate everyone offering. 
You continue to be way too awesome.
So yup, here I am. 
Can’t really believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy this article? Drop a comment below and let me know!

What Do The Best Fitness Retreats Have In Common?

Fitness retreats are designed for people who have realized that it’s nearly impossible to lose weight on their own and keep it off.  Th...